Thursday 30 September 2010

Porto Das Dunas

My friend Cristiano has expressed his dismay at not yet being mentioned in my blog. So heres a snippet from a Sunday afternoon when he invited us to his beach house to try our hands (or feet) at Sand Boarding. There were some experts among us, Cristiano included, but we were mainly novices with a great fear of falling. It wasn´t like SkiBunda where you started off on your bum anyway, this was the real deal...

We were a jolly old bunch of internationals and Brazilians - I do enjoy being in such a mixed environment all the time...


I must admit I was pretty tired that afternoon (details on excellent parties to come later) and I knew that what goes down must come up, so only opted to go down once, seated, with Yamil, clinging on for dear life. Needless to say we ended up in a heap half way down the dune and I´m pretty sure I landed on his head. Sorry, Yamil.

Russian stunner Alisa turned out to be a natural... Nelson wasn't too bad... Bruno wasn't too good... but the prize of the day HAS to go to Ezequiel. Check this out.


We were all crunching sand in our mouths for the rest of the afternoon. We headed back to Cristiano´s house for a relaxing dip in the pool. (Again I refrained, I´ve been eating far too much rice, meat and ice cream so the bikini is on hold for a while) Thank you for a lovely afternoon Cristiano, we can always rely on you to bring people together and have a great time. And to dance to forró on the side of the road and in mini markets, which is what I particularly love about you (",)

5 comments:

  1. We REALLY were all crunching sand in our mouths for the rest of the afternoon.
    hahahaha

    I love to spend my time with you, Eliza!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahaaha

    Eze... always Eze. BOLUDO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ezequiel!... there is a future sand board champion right here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally! You mentioned me in your blog! huahuauha
    You can always count on me to have a grat time! (when I have free time) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sandboard!! really nice!! i wanna try too and show how expert i am!! :D

    miss you all, guys!! :D

    ReplyDelete